You should be able enjoy a glass or 2 of alcoholic drinks while having a good time.
But it is important to be sensible and responsible to yourself and those around you and your friends and family.
When you plan to go out drinking it’s wise to set a few ground rules as alcohol can leave you disoriented and vulnerable.
In order to stay safe it would be good to have a plan and set some ground rules for yourself and amongst your friends to avoid letting things get out of hand
Drink aware suggests.
Drink with friends, don’t accept drinks from strangers unless handed to you by the server at the bar or waiting staff.
Create a trust system with at least one of your friends and look out for each other.
- Know your limits, don’t let other persuade you that another drink is a good thing. (unless you are 100% comfortable. If that person persists, let them buy the drink and pour it away or leave un-consumed.
- Know how you’re getting home.
- Arrange for a friend to call you or you call them once you are home safely.
- Only drink when you’re of legal age.
- Don’t drink if you’re not in a positive frame of mind.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach.
Always check with your doctor to see if you can mix your prescription medications with alcohol.